This facial is an exfoliation that uses a scalpel to very gently lift off the upper layers of dead skin to reveal the beautiful, smoother complexion.
The dermaplane facial removes dead skin and facial hair and the results depend on several factors. The dryness of the skin and the sharpness of the blade will determine the best results. The better results come with a less aggressive surface exfoliation.
The Ultimate Dermaplane treatment combines a double cleanse and painless peel, painless Dermaplaning, addition of a AHA EGF Skin Booster then a Soothing Sheet Mask. Aftercare creams are then applied to the skin.
Because the face is so smooth and without the “peach fuzz”, products will penetrate better and makeup goes on simply beautifully.
What Kind of Skin is Good For A Dermaplane Facial?
This type of facial is fabulous for all skin types and conditions except cystic acne. Some examples of skin types and conditions that can benefit from this skin treatment include:
- Suitable for Normal to Dry Skin (not for oily skin)
- Dehydrated Skin
- Rosacea Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Very Mild Acne
- Even Skin Tone and Texture. This facial helps to even out your complexion. In some cases, the surface discoloration and pigmentation can be removed. The outcome of this is dependent on how deep the pigmentation goes below the surface of the skin. The glow and radiance of the skin can be seen after one treatment.
- Hair Removal. Say goodbye to peach fuzz and facial hair. The hair will not regrow darker or thicker. The smooth skin helps makeup glide on like a professional.
- Softens Fine Lines. Consistent dermaplane facial treatments can reduce the fine lines. The actual skin that is damaged by creating a wrinkle is removed during the treatment.
- No Down Time. You leave us looking fabulous. It’s necessary to use sunscreen and hydrate with serums, but your skin is runway and gala ready.
- Results Last. Because you are consistently removing dead skin cells, the results of one dermaplane facial can last up to 3 months. For best results, having a treatment every 3-4 weeks is recommended, especially for dry skin.
Ultimate Dermaplane Facial £55
Course of 4 once a month £250
Dermaplaning is recommended on a regular 3-4 week basis.
Dermaplaning is a non-invasive procedure but some people may have slightly sensitive skin afterwards, so it is advisable to avoid things that may irritate it:
- Avoid touching, scratching or picking the skin for 24 hours (wash hands first before touching face)
- Wash face gently using gentle acid-free cleanser
- Avoid excess heat (heavy exercise, sauna, steam room) and chlorine for at least 24 hours
- Avoid sun tanning and creams. Wear sunscreen outside.
- Retin A/retinol, exfoliating products and products with alcohol in should be avoided for 72 hours before and after treatment
- Keep hydrated your skin moisturised
- If required, cool your skin with cold water or a cold compress
- Allow 3-5 days to elapse before doing any further treatments on the affected area e.g. waxing.